Outdoor education class in Taroona.

Why study education and teaching?

At the University of Tasmania, our Education and Teaching courses will give you core teaching skills in leadership, communication, and organisation.

While studying, you will get the chance to undergo a placement in a real school. As a graduate, you will be amongst the leaders in the country in literacy and numeracy. As an educator, you will be engaged in the collaborative and welcoming environment of lifelong learning and experience.

Our range of courses will make you a skilled educator, enriching your expertise and advancing your career. You will be empowered to influence tomorrow’s leaders, inspiring and motivating your students to make change in the world.

• Get an accredited teaching qualification that lets you teach anywhere in Australia.
  • Over 94%of our recent Education graduates found employment.
  • Get practical placements teaching in real classrooms.

“...I’m from Hobart and I didn’t want to move away to study. I’ve studied online for the past four years, which has been fantastic and I’ve been able to fit study around my work too.”

Laura Stewart
Bachelor of Education (Primary)

Careers in education and teaching

Teachers are responsible for inspiring, motivating and mentoring their students, whilst imparting knowledge and learning.

Our students learn and develop the core teaching skills of leadership, communication and organisation. As a graduate, you will be amongst the leaders in the country in literacy and numeracy. As an educator, you will be engaged in the collaborative and collegial environment of life-long learning and experience.

Whether you are inspired to teach or are ready to enhance your career with specialist studies, we have the course for the educator you aspire to be.

Career opportunities

• Childcare centre manager
  • Communications professional
  • Early childhood teacher
  • Health and physical education teacher (primary or secondary)
  • Industry-based trainer
  • Personal trainer
  • Primary teacher (public or private)
  • Secondary teacher (public or private)
  • Sport and recreation facilitator
  • TAFE/applied learning teacher
  • Teacher’s aide
  • Trainer for defence, emergency and law enforcement
  • Web-based teacher