1. Candidates for the award shall complete the diploma requirements, as hereinafter prescribed, in not less than one year of full-time study (or its equivalent) and not more than four years from the time of first enrolment, including the year of passing the first unit claimed to count towards the diploma.
i. To qualify for the diploma, the candidate will complete 100%, comprising of:
(a) at least 25% and up to 50% of Introductory units,
(b) at least 25% and up to 50% of Intermediate units, and
(c) at least 25% and up to 50% of Advanced units.
The units which may be included in the diploma shall, unless otherwise approved by dean, be in accordance with the accompanying Schedule.
ii. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the degree.
iii. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the dean in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 2.
Credit for previous studies
3. Passes in subjects or units in other courses (completed or otherwise) in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the diploma, provided that the Faculty may specify what more a candidate so credited shall be required to do to qualify for the diploma. The Faculty may permit candidates to count towards the diploma, units completed at another approved institution, subject to the approval of the dean.
4. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedule to these specifications.
5. These specifications shall take effect on 1 August 2011 and shall apply to those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
6. The approved abbreviation for the Diploma of International Studies shall be DipIntSt