1. Candidates for the Associate Degree in Arts shall be qualified for entry in accordance with the provisions of the University's Rules of Admission including those for Admission for Alternative Entry.
2. Candidates for the award shall complete the award requirements, as hereinafter prescribed, in not less than two years of full-time study (or its equivalent)] and not more six years from the time of first enrolment.
3. To qualify for the award, the candidate shall pass 200% of units comprising:
(a) up to 50% of foundation units;
(b) at least 150% of units from the Schedule, provided that: (i) up to 125% of units may come from Level 1 of the Schedule; (ii) students must include at least 25% of units in the same discipline (a pair) of Group 1 units; (iii) at least 50% of units will be from Group 2;
(c) up to 50% of elective units from elsewhere in the University
4. The units which may be included in the Associate Degree shall, unless otherwise approved by the Dean, be in accordance with Schedule accompanying these specifications.
5. Units may be counted towards the award only if they have been taken in accordance with prerequisites determined by the Faculty of Arts and as summarised in Schedule.
6. A candidate normally may not enrol in any semester in units totalling more than 50% weighting.
7. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the award.
8. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the Dean in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 3.
Credit for Previous Studies
9. Passes in subjects or units in other courses (completed or otherwise) in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the award, provided that the Faculty may specify what more a candidate so credited shall be required to do to qualify for the associate degree.
10. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedule to these specifications.
11. These specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2013 and shall apply to all candidates for the award, including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
12. The approved abbreviation for the Associate Degree in Arts shall be AssocDegArts